GO SAND BOARDING
- the classic Swakop experience
- traditional lie-down boarding or stand-up boarding ( snow boards ) including light lunch with beer/ sodas
- try Beth of Alter Action who invented sand boarding and is by far the best!
- pick up at 9H30 from Alternative Space
GO TANDEM SKY DIVING
- can you pump this much adrenaline?
- incredibly unique drop zone over the old Namib desert
- Free fall for 35 seconds………
GO TO THE SNAKE PARK
- intense and slithery
- it is not a “park” as such, as the snakes are in glass boxes inside an old house
- see the black mamba and also scorpions
GO QUAD BIKING
- noisy, dusty, fast, extremely exciting way of enjoying the desert dunes
- it is fantastic!!!
- automatic or manual bikes
- 1 hour or 2 hour trips, or try the “combo” 2 hours and a bit of lie down sand boarding.
GO ON A DOLPHIN CRUISE
- very, very highly recommended
- nice big catmaran yachts
- experience seals, dolphins, lots of birds, and sometimes whales or tortoises while enjoying champagne and oysters
- discount for kids and free transport from the Alternative Space and back with a nice Mercedes bus
DO A SANDWICH BAY TOUR
- full day guided tour over sand dunes and on beach in custom built 4×4
- specific bird and other wildlife paradise
- full day 4×4 trip, or try a dolphin cruise / Sandwich harbour 4×4 combo
- MOST highly recommended by us as the best adventure activity available locally
- Row ain the Walvis Bay lagoon amongst the birds, seals and dolphins and sometimes, whales
- safe even for little kids
- free transport from the Alternative Space and back
TAKE A FLIGHT OVER THE DUNES TO SOSSOSVLEI AND BACK ALONG THE COAST
- About 2 hours and 15 minutes flying time in Cessna 210, see the dunes, Sossosvlei and the coast line with ship wrecks on the way back
- pick-up from Alternative Space.
WATCH THE SUNSET WITH A BOTTLE OF WINE FROM THE DUNES
- it is free !!!!!!!!
- a few minutes walking away and safe
- lie on a dune, close your eyes and absorb the magic
- if you like, take somebody with that you care for very much, and see what happens……
DRINK COFFEE AND EAT CAKE
- the chocolate doughnuts, muffens and caffee‘ole ARE wonderful.
- all the bakeries sell seriously fresh German quality breads and pastries
- a highlight in Africa
- try VILLAGE CAFÉ, TWO BEARDS AND A SAINT, SLOWTOWN and CORDES
- our favourite is BO-JO’s round the corner from the Hansa Hotel
GO TO THE MUSEUM
- magic collections of everything you can imagine, well worth it
- definitely the best museum in Africa
HAVE A NICE MEAL
- AT THE BRAUHAUS (German) or INSPIRED Bistro (pitza, pasta and salad) or THE TUG (very good but up market) our personal recommendations are based on value for money, good atmosphere and service, but there are many other good restaurants in town
- just walk around and check them out
DO A TOUR MOONLANDSCAPE, WELWITCHIA, SWAKOP RIVER ETC.
- George of the Swakop Tour Company does afternoon / sunset trips up the Swakop and Kahn rivers, past the Welwitschia
- he grew up in the area and loves the place.
- he is very good………
DO A TOUR INTO THE DUNES AND EXPERIENCE THE LITTLE FIVE
- Three tour companies provide excellent excursions into the dune field between Swakopmund and Walvis Bay.
- The knowledge of both Tommy and Chris and the other tour guides of the local animal, insect and plant life are most exceptional!
SIT ON A DUNE AND WRITE A LETTER (ON PAPER) OR POSTCARD TO A LOVED ONE
- in our electronic world, real old fashioned letters and post cards are collectors items
- remember to sprinkle your perfume and include some sand in the envelope
- look for a dry seed to include
- tell them all about it, and make a bit of magic!! …
- to find out their postal address, simply email them
FOR MORE INFORMATION, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT SIBYLLE BY E-MAIL: email@example.com
Phone: 064 402713
Mobile: +264 (0)81 300 9352